Monday 3 December 2007

Where's My Wallet!

Funny thing(s) happened last Friday. First of all, at 7.15am I find E. feverishly turning the house upside down looking for his wallet. It was my worst nightmare come true: in the midst of the SPM, barely an hour before his second last paper, he's lost his MyKad. Fortunately, the invigilators allowed him to sit for his Accounts Paper 1. Bless them.

E. found his wallet almost immediately after coming home. (It was in A's room and how it got there is a tedious story of teenage angst and the generation gap.) By that time, I was with A. and her friend at KLPac, who had an appointment to meet their drama teacher Moon at 10.

Suddenly, I get a phone call from Moon asking me if I was still at KLPac. I replied yes and asked if she needed any help, thinking she had props and stuff with her. She answered, "Yes, I can't get out of the taxi because I can't find my wallet." So I rush out to pay the taxi driver and lend her some cash.

Later in the afternoon, Wings comes around for a meeting – an hour late. He tells me that just as he was leaving the office, the Boss calls and tells him not to go yet. Why? Apparently, the Boss took Wings' wallet by mistake and was coming straight back to return it to him.

Three missing wallet incidents in one day – could the universe be any more bizarre?

No comments:

Post a Comment