Thursday 29 November 2007

One Year Later

Hello again. It has been a whole year since I last visited. So much has changed. For instance, the runaround I had to go through just to get back in here.

Then again nothing has changed. My last post last year talked about the disenfranchisement of the Indian community. By now, everyone knows about the HINDRAF rally on 25/11. My heart goes out to my fellow Malaysians who have endured so much hardship and discrimination, and are now being vilified by the venial and the ignorant just because they have declared their dissatisfaction with their lot.

The HINDRAF marchers displayed such patience and fortitude in the face of the chemical onslaught which can only have come from the lesson of civil disobedience preached by Mahatma Gandhi whose picture they carried through the streets of KL.

A whole year has passed and I think the most significant thing that has happened is my social and political awakening that has been a long time coming. I humbly embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment